I hope you all had a nice weekend and were able to enjoy some of the sunshine!
I have seen some amazing projects on lots of different mini beasts!
I found out about:
- Carpenter bees and how they can drill into wood from Hedi
- That it takes a month for an egg to turn into a caterpillar to then a butterfly from John Paul.
- James Mc found out that there are actually 5000 different species of butterflies,
- Alex found out that some beehives can house up to 50,000 honey bees!
- James C found out that Centipedes have 100 legs, and if they loose one they can regrow it!
This week we are looking at time in maths, so keep an eye out for the time through out the day. and see if you can read the clock, or see can you get some one in your family to test you on reading the time! We also explore calendars, going over our days, months and seasons. Maybe you could create your own calendar like our class one at home! We are also doing some fun at home experiments in SESE, I would love to see how you get on with some of them!
I know you all have been keeping busy with lots of wonderful activities from nature walks, to bike rides and baking! It's so lovely to see you spending time and doing fun things with your families. Last week Sammy helped me clean the fish tank, we painted a picture of a giraffe (Sammy loves giraffes! ) and we made some doughnuts!
I hope you all have a great week, and keep up the amazing work you are doing!
Sammy and I miss you all a lot!