Everyday, the children in Ms Fleming's 3rd class are assigned homework in Irish, English and Maths. Here are some guidelines for the completion of homework:
- Spelling: 3 spellings to learn per night, using the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check method.
- Writing: 1 or 2 activities from the fuaimeanna agus focail workbook.
- Spelling: Learn 6 words from current week in My Spelling Workbook and put them into sentences- At the moment we are trying to write sentences that do not start with I.
- Grammar: One section of the English Grammar sheet
- Handwriting: We have just started joint handwriting so the children will receive a handwriting activity some nights or an activity from My English Portfolio.
- Mental Maths and tables champion: One section from each of these books
- The boys and girls should also be encouraged to revise multiplication tables using the on-line games and their tables books.
- Occasional history/geography/science reading for project work