Good Morning 4th class,
I can’t believe that it is June already! I hope you all had a lovely bank holiday weekend! I had two barbeques in my garden and enjoyed the lovely weather!
This week is all about Wellbeing in school. Wellbeing is thinking about how we can feel healthy, safe, comfortable and happy, especially during challenging times like we are having now. Hopefully this week’s activities will help you explore your own Wellbeing. There will be a list of activities on the website (extra activities section) to choose from as a family each day. I have also set a wellbeing activity each day for you work on Aladdin!
As usual, do not stress or worry about the work I have given! Do what you can!
I have set a project for you to do over the next two weeks(or longer if you need). This project can be on anything that interests you or that you are passionate about! It is completely up to you! It could be a sport, a famous person,your family ,music,a particular time in History or maybe your favorite country...the list is endless! Pick something you are passionate about and tell me all about it!
You can present it whatever way you prefer!You can make a poster,a mini book, write a poem/song about it ,you can build it using Lego or other materials you have at home. It is your choice!
If you have any work that you are proud or would like to me see, you can email me from your newtownprimary email. I love seeing all your pictures and work!
I hope you have a fantastic week!
‘Le chéile agus óna chéile’ (together and apart) Art Project:
To all staff and pupils of Newtownmountkennedy Primary School,
This is a most extraordinary time in our lives. We are a part of living history yet our experiences are varied. We have all needed to acknowledge the difficulties that have arisen while calling upon our strengths and skills to get through the challenges we continue to face. For us in Newtown Primary, we have stood strong together and kept the heart beat of our school going despite having an empty building. We want to celebrate our school community and the skills of resilience, hope and optimism that lie within us all. The aim of this art project is to do just that.
When put together, this art project will be on display in the community to show to all who see it that the pupils and staff of Newtownmountkennedy Primary have strength in their bodies, positivity in their minds and hope in their hearts. We may all be spending time apart but we are very much together.
What to do:
- Using your school post card as a template, trace around it onto paper or card. Or draw a rectangle 10cmX15cm.
- Think of a word that relates to you during Covid19. I am_______. See word bank if you need help with this.
- Write that word at the bottom of the card. Be creative in how you write your letters….as long as it can be read clearly.
- Print your name & surname at the top of the card, again so it can be read clearly.
- Design or decorate the rest of your piece any way you like.
- You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, post it, or drop it into the box at either school building before Friday June 5th.
- We will update you after that about details of its display.
- Don’t forget to send love out to our school community while you are doing your piece. All those loving, positive vibes sent out together are very powerful!
There is a word bank on the home page of the website with lots and lots of words which will help!