Belated Happy Birthday Wishes to Oisín and Kaydin who both celebrated their birthdays during the Easter holidays.
I hope you both had a great day celebrating with your families.
Active Home Week
Tá sé ag stealladh báistí taobh amuigh agus is dócha nach féidir libh dul amach inniú. It's lashing rain and it's likely that you won't be able to go outside today. That's no excuse not to keep up with your Active Home Week challenge though. There are lots of activities you could do indoors this week if the rain continues:
- Dance along to your favourite songs.
- Make up an indoor scavenger hunt for your family. Maybe it might have an alphabet theme or a colour theme, you can be as creative as you like. Create your own Scavenger Hunt or click here for an example of an Indoor Scavenger Hunt.
- Do some yoga activities - Click here for Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Create a fun (and safe) indoor obstacle course for you and your family to do.
- Do an Alphabet Workout - Do the activities on the chart as you spell the names of each of your family members.
Cosmic Kids: https://www.cosmickids.com/category/watch/
Go Noodle: https://family.gonoodle.com
PE with Joe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
Fyffes Fit Squad: http://fyffesfitsquad.ie
I'm sure you have lots of other ideas of activities you could do indoors. Just remember - 60minutes, 4 activities, and if the rain stops make sure you get out for some fresh air during the day. Remember to record your activities on the challenge card each day.
Work for the Website:
I know some of you are working on different pieces of art work, Active Home Week posters, Earth Day posters, Greta's Story book covers, Reusing Plastic Bottles posters and so on. Please send me scans or photos of any art work you do so that we can post it on the website for everyone to enjoy. Maybe you've done some of your own art work, we'd love to see that too.
Perhaps you've written a poem or a story, maybe you've been working in the garden, doing woodwork, baking, science experiments and so on - send photos of these activities to me or to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to see what you're working on at home.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Stay Safe and Stay Active,