This is a most extraordinary time in our lives. We are a part of living history yet our experiences are varied. We have all needed to acknowledge the difficulties that have arisen while calling upon our strengths and skills to get through the challenges we continue to face. For us in Newtown Primary, we have stood strong together and kept the heart beat of our school going despite having an empty building. We want to celebrate our school community and the skills of resilience, hope and optimism that lie within us all. The aim of this art project is to do just that.
When put together, this art project will be on display in the community to show to all who see it that the pupils and staff of Newtownmountkennedy Primary have strength in their bodies, positivity in their minds and hope in their hearts. We may all be spending time apart but we are very much together.
- Using your school post card as a template, trace around it onto paper or card. Or draw a rectangle 10cmX15cm.
- Think of a word that relates to you during Covid19. I am______. See word bank below if you need help with this.
- Write that word at the bottom of the card. Be creative in how you write your letters….as long as it can be read clearly.
- Print your name & surname at the top of the card, again so it can be read clearly.
- Design or decorate the rest of your piece any way you like.
- You can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, post it, or drop it into the box at either school building before Friday June 5th.
Don’t forget to send love out to our school community while you are doing your piece.
All those loving, positive vibes sent out together are very powerful!
Pick a word for your piece of art that relates to you when you say ‘I am_______. ‘
It can be any word. This word bank might help.