Sharing your work:
You can share any of your school work with me at firstname.lastname@example.org but please share it from your newtownprimary.ie address and not another one if possible. Remember, to login in to drive.google.com with your newtownprimary login details, then click on “+ New” at the top left to create a new document (Google Docs) for your written work. You might use Google Slides to make a slideshow for your project work.
I will be able to correct and comment on some of the work you share with me through Google Docs or Google Slides so check back on work you have sent me for corrections and feedback.
PLEASE PUT A TITLE on your work so that I know which book it is from and where to find it so that I can give you proper feedback.
You can be creative with your Project Work, you might present it as a poster, as a written project in your copy, as a comic book, as a book, as a slideshow in Google Slides, or you might recreate an Italian scene or famous building through Lego, artwork, or some other form of construction (just remember to give some information on your topic if you do this.) Share it with me if you can or ask your parents to send photos to the school website.
Some useful websites for your Italy project:
Facts on some Italian cities:
http://www.softschools.com/facts/rome/venice_italy_facts/2227/ (Venice facts)
Some other useful websites:
- RTE School on TV on RTE 2 at 11am or at https://www.rte.ie/player/
- RTE Junior Twitter - https://twitter.com/RTEjr
- RTE ‘Ceol as Gaeilge’ podcasts - https://www.rte.ie/radio/radioplayer/html5/#/podcasts/series/31658
- RTE podcasts for children - https://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/living/2020/0326/1126487-5-rtejr-podcasts-to-entertain-and-educate-the-kids/
- Watch a TV programme as Gaeilge - https://www.cula4.com/en/
- Gaeilge revision and activities - www.seideansi.ie
- Maths lessons and activities - www.themathsfactor.com
- Maths games & activities - https://ie.ixl.com
- Lots of Resources for all subjects and project work available on Twinkl - https://www.twinkl.ie/resources/roi-resources/english-medium-schools-republic-of-ireland/reading-comprehension-worksheets-roi-resources-5th-6th-class
- If you have a TTRS account, keep working away on that.
Remember to keep active:
Here are some ideas for keeping active at home:
- Daily PE Sessions with Fyffes Fit Squad - www.fyffesfitsquad.ie
- Daily PE with Joe - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ
- PE/Yoga/Relaxation/Dance activities for home - https://family.gonoodle.com
- Go for a walk with a parent/family member.
- Do some yoga activities – www.cosmickids.com
- Practice your GAA, Soccer, Basketball, Taekwondo, Dance skills etc at home.
- Pick your favourite song and make up a dance to go along with it.
If you have your homework books at home and would like to work ahead on them please do so. If any of you do not have them at home but would like to continue on with them you can access them online. Remember, if you are writing or typing out the answers, to label your work clearly (Book, Page number, Unit/Day, question/activity number) so that I know which work you have done. Don’t worry that you might all be on different units or pages when we go back, we can work that out.
- Mental Maths: https://www.prim-ed.ie/shop/new-wave-mental-maths-5th-class/
- Tables Champion: https://educateplus.ie/ppresource/tables-champion-5th-class
- My Spelling Workbook: https://www.prim-ed.ie/shop/original-my-spelling-workbook-book-f/
- English in Practice: https://www.prim-ed.ie/shop/new-wave-english-in-practice-5th-class/
- Fuaimeanna agus Focail: https://www.folensonline.ie
Keep yourselves busy, keep active, and try to do some schoolwork every day especially some Maths, Literacy and Gaeilge. Keep checking in on this page as I might set you some challenges to do at home.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Take care of yourselves, stay safe and BE KIND TO ONE ANOTHER,